[HN] Local Volunteer to work with American Students [July – Aug 2019]
Love social projects and want to contribute to the community?
Want to confidently communicate and connect with international friends?
Looking for a fun, meaningful and personal development experience this summer in Hanoi?
=> Join us as Local Buddies now!
Local buddies are volunteers who will work with American students at Vietnamese NGOs carrying out social projects. This is not a typical volunteer tour guide experience! We are looking for young social change makers who want to contribute to the community in REAL social projects while making international friends! We guarantee there will be lots of work as well as fun, friendship and support.
This program is part of GESI (The Global Engagement Studies Institute) – an initiative by Northwestern University, USA during which Northwestern students study about social developments and work with local organizations to deliver meaningful projects. Northwestern University is one of the most prestigious universities in the US, ranked 10th among American national university and is highly selective. Its alumni include Meghan Markle (Prince Harry’s wife, Duchess of Sussex), Noble-winner George J. Stigler, TV presenter Stephen Colbert, actor David Schwimmer.
Who will you work with?
Abroader (also known as Student Exchange Vietnam): We are an international education organization established to promote exchange between Vietnamese and international students such as from the UK, Australia, USA and Japan. Ever since establishment, our programs have been supporting enterprises and organizations in Vietnam to connect with young talents from different countries. Our second mission is to create an environment of international exchange as well as skills and personal developments for Vietnamese students. Our coordinator and coaches will work with local buddies throughout the program to give you orientations, trainings and supports.
American students: In their second, third or fourth year student from Northwestern University studying different majors but all share passions for sustainable social developments.
What will you do?
- Be the very first friends of foreign students in Vietnam
- 1-2 local buddies will be grouped with 3 American students to form 1 group and work with 1 local NGO to carry out social projects. Depending on organizations, tasks can be from doing communications, translating to organizing workshops.
- Participate in training programs, meetings and discussions to organize the program
What are your benefits?
- Get training on how to organize social projects using Design Thinking
- Be involved in cultural exchange activities and excursions with international students for FREE
- Improve English and cross-cultural communications skills
- Be provided with environment to run social projects and make real impacts
- Certificate of successful completion
What are the requirements?
- Students currently living in Hanoi
- Committed to participate in the program from July – August 2019 (30 – 40 hours a week)
- Passionate about social developments. Experiences with youth-led social projects or university clubs is a plus
- High sense of responsibility, enthusiasm, passion and honesty
- Good English skills
- Want to make friends with international students. Be open-minded and friendly.
- Knowledge about Vietnamese cultures and social issues, particularly: Community development, health, women, environment.
How to apply?
- Please fill out the application form online here
- Registration period: before 11:59 PM, April 30th 2019
- Applicants who are eligible will be contacted by email for interview. Due to the number of applicants, we are unfortunately unable to contact unsuccessful candidates.
If you have questions, please email: email@example.com
Thank you and look forward to your applications!
- [HOT] Internship Opportunities in Vietnam with Lotte Legend
- [HCM & HN] RECRUITING PROGRAM COORDINATOR & MARKETING EXECUTIVE
- Bubble tea and Karaoke: Ways to Socialize in Vietnam
- Tết Holiday – Vietnam Traditional Lunar New Year
- Scariest Haunted Houses in Saigon to visit this Halloween