- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
- Assist with the development of project concept notes and proposals that support Sustainable Agriculture department’s short and long‑term strategy.
- Assist with writing and editing website and newsletter articles which related to Sustainable Agriculture, livelihood and value chain fields.
- Writing and editing reports on Sustainable Agriculture, livelihood and value chain program/ projects.
- Support ongoing value chain mainstreaming activities within SRD’s program.
- Support the development, management and implementation of SRD’s Sustainable Agriculture, livelihood and value chain projects, including undertaking needs assessments, conducting baseline surveys etc as required.
- Assist in organizing logistics of Sustainable Agriculture department led workshops.
The Centre for Sustainable Rural Development (SRD) is a Vietnamese non-profit non-governmental organisation granted establishment decision from the Vietnamese Union of Science and Technology Association (VUSTA) number 281/QD-LHH dated 21 March 2006, and operation permit from Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE) dated March 30, 2006.
SRD is a national NGO that inherited CIDSE’s 28 years of experience in working in the field of poverty alleviation in Vietnam. Founded in 2006, SRD has been implementing over 50 projects with the main focus on Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Livelihoods, Climate Change Adaptation, Forestry Governance and Pro-Poor Policy Advocacy. SRD has also been a founding member and chair of major national CSO networks including VNGO&CC, VNGO-FLEGT, and an active member in many other national/regional networks and policy forums.
- Work closely with experienced agronomist(s)
- Perform regular field checks & diagnose problems
- Insect, Weed & Disease monitoring
- Monitor soil moisture status
- Irrigation scheduling
- Soil sampling
- Assist producers with equipment calibration
- Generating computerized detailed field reports
- Other duties as necessary
Established in 2007, Tropical Development and Investment Corporation (Tropdicorp) is one of pioneering corporations specializing in researching and applying technical sciences in Agriculture, especially when it comes to the field of vegetable farming. With 300 labours and several research farms scattering throughout the country, Tropdicorp has been contributing to enhancing economic benefits of Vietnamese farmers.
Provide general support to all project activities including but not limited to:
- Logistic arrangement for meetings, workshops and training.
- Data collection for field surveys and update project related reports upon request in a timely manner.
- Monitoring and evaluate Clubs of Project.
- Office administrative tasks.
- Other tasks assigned by direct supervisor.
ROP (Roots of Peace)
ROP began working in Vietnam in 2010. Almost four decades after the conclusion of the Vietnam War, the people of Vietnam are still feeling the effects of the conflict in the form of unexploded munitions. More bombs were dropped on Vietnam than in all of WWII and over a third did not detonate. Partnering with the local government and demining organizations like the Mines Advisory Group, ROP is applying its Mines to Vines model to clear farms that are still contaminated. But even without the threat of unexploded bombs, which is still not solved, Vietnam is without the resources to achieve recovery, an obstacle that the Vines aspect of the ROP Model addresses.
Many farmers in Vietnam lack the proper resources to grow their products effectively and efficiently, and many are unaware of farming practices that could increase their yield. Furthermore many farmers resort to unsustainable farming practices like over-fertilization and excessive use of pesticide in an effort to make enough to feed their families. To address these concerns, ROP assists farmers with training programs, resource assistance throughout the growing process, and the introduction of well-suited, high-demand crops such Cacao and Pepper. The results have been phenomenal with many farmers seeing dramatic increases in their income.Main tasks:
- Observe and support the staff in daily activities at the farm, including: organizing events and activities for groups of children from different schools; taking care of the crops and livestock at the farm
- Contribute ideas to improve the quality of the farm services
- Learn about how agritourism is run in Vietnam and propose appropriate changes
- Deliver English lessons to the staff of the farm in free time
Erahouse is a chain of education farms located in Long Bien District, Hanoi, Vietnam. It was first founded by Ms. Dang Luu Hoa – a professor from Vietnam Agriculture Academy with the mission of generating bigger values for Vietnam’s agricultural system at the same time creating an ideal environment for children in and around Hanoi to be exposed to the real nature via different agritourism activities. Participating in Erahouse’s activities, children will have the chance to learn about nature, immerse themselves into nature and develop a green mind-set to protect their living environment in the future. After five years of operation, Erahouse has got partnership with several organizations from schools, companies to different centers and institutes across Vietnam.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: Trodicorp, Erahouse Education Farm, Goats & Rabbits Research Center, etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
Being in Vietnam has taught me so much about different people and cultures, and my internship with SE Vietnam was a real life changing experience.
I don’t think there is anything that SE Vietnam could’ve done better. They gave me all the support I need to get through my internship in Vietnam.
I was extremely satisfied with the overall service SE Vietnam provided before and during my 3 months Hospitality internship at Pan Pacific Hanoi. Their assistance was helpful, especially to get Visa, mobile phone, city tour, trip to Ha Long Bay.
I get lots of support from my Vietnamese local buddies and become real friends in spite of different interests.
I was very nervous because it was my first time in Vietnam, but Student Exchange Vietnam (SEV) made me feel that I made a right decision to come for an internship here. They will not let you feel away from your home as they will treat you not just like a student intern but as a part of the SEV family.