- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
- Make research on waste management system in Hoi An City
- Collect the data in the surrounding places near Hoi An City
- Analyse and generalize the data, write report
- Raise the awareness of local people about protecting environment
- Access the social – ecology system in the specific projects
CHAM ISLANDS BIOSPHERE RESERVE OFFICE
The Cham Island Biosphere Reserve, which comprises a group of 8 coastal islands and marine site in the central part of the Vietnam, is now one of the 553 UNESCO Biosphere Reserve sites in 107 countries of the world. The objective of declaring the islands as Biosphere Reserve is to adopt different approaches of integrated management of terrestrial, freshwater, coastal and marine resources and biodiversity. The biodiversity marine species of the reserve are particularly corals, molluscs, crustaceans and seaweed. This ecosystem also includes Hội An, a UNESCO cultural World Heritage Site, which is well known as an ancient trading port that blends Vietnamese and European cultures; this blend is expected to encourage sustainable ecotourism.
The desired intern is required to support the VFD (Vietnam Forest and Deltas) team with its exploration to improve the charcoal production – starting with a market research on the available (improved) technologies followed by field visit and advisory on how to improve and/or replace existing technologies.
SNV NETHERLANDS DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION – VIETNAM
SNV is an international not-for-profit development organization. We believe that no-one should have to live in poverty and that all people should have the opportunity to pursue their own sustainable development. Founded in the Netherlands nearly 50 years ago, SNV has built a long-term, local presence in many of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Their global team of local and international advisors work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV aims to make a lasting difference in the lives of millions of people living in poverty. By sharing their specialist expertise in Agriculture, Renewable Energy, and Water, Sanitation & Hygiene, SNV contributes to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today – helping to find local solutions to global challenges and sowing the seeds of lasting change.
The focus of the assignment will contribute to improving the ability of poor communities in Vietnam to develop sustainable livelihoods by: adapting to climate change – in particular by accessing the benefits from reducing emission from deforestation and forest degradation – and sustainably manage their forests.
- Assist with the development of project concept notes and proposals that support Climate Change section’s short and long‑term strategy.
- Assist with writing and editing website and newsletter articles which are related to Climate Change, forest management and environment fields.
- Write and edit reports on Climate Change programs/ projects
- Support ongoing Climate Change mainstreaming activities
- Support the development, management and implementation of Climate Change projects, including undertaking needs/vulnerability assessments, conducting baseline surveys etc as required.
- Participate in other related activities of the organization and engage/liaise with partners through climate change networks.
- Assist with organizing logistic and reporting of Climate Change department led workshops.
* Assignment is based in Hanoi. However, the intern is periodically required to travel to different projects at Northern and central of Vietnam. All cost incurred are covered by the host organization.
The Centre for Sustainable Rural Development (SRD) is a Vietnamese non-profit non-governmental organisation granted establishment decision from the Vietnamese Union of Science and Technology Association (VUSTA) number 281/QD-LHH dated 21 March 2006, and operation permit from Ministry of Science, Technology and Environment (MOSTE) dated March 30, 2006.
SRD is a national NGO that inherited CIDSE’s 28 years of experience in working in the field of poverty alleviation in Vietnam. Founded in 2006, SRD has been implementing over 50 projects with the main focus on Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Livelihoods, Climate Change Adaptation, Forestry Governance, Research and Pro-Poor Policy Advocacy. SRD has also been a founding member and chair of major national CSO networks including VNGO&CC, VNGO-FLEGT, and an active member in many other national/regional networks and policy forums.
- Join the investigation – design and construction team for different environmental remediation projects at Vinaxanh
- Join the testing – analysis and inspection teams for different environmental remediation
projects at Vinaxanh
- To be responsible for and conduct reports on progress of the environmental remediation
projects to Vinaxanh’s Executive Board and Department of Technology.
VINA XANH ENVIRONMENT
Vinaxanh Environment – Business Registration No. 0106131732 is a limited liability Vietnamese company which has marked their name in the field of environmental remediation since March 25th 2008. After 6 years in operation, Vinaxanh is now proud to be one of the pioneers as well as the leading businesses in environmental engineering, contributing to the improvement and rehabilitation of polluted environments in Vietnam. Under the motto “Reduce pollution – Advance life quality”, the company has been providing its customers with high-quality products and services as below:
– Consult, design and construct treatment systems for wastewater, exhaust, dust, solid and medical waste
– Provide drilling services for geological and water exploration and groundwater extraction
– Provide services of environmental analysis, chemical concentration analysis (bio-chemistry) and environmental impact assessment
– Research and transfer environmental technologies
– Produce and distribute industrial – environmental engineering and medical equipment – Produce and distribute clean and biotechnology products
– Produce and distribute chemical products including industrial chemicals – Lease environmental machinery and equipment,…
In addition to all the above-mentioned services, Vinaxanh – with its team comprised of highly-experienced environmental engineers and experts, has also done a number of projects with procurement consulting – construction project management and topographic and geological surveying.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: Cham Island Biosphere Reserve Office, SNV Netherlands Development Organization – Vietnam, Vinaxanh Environment Limited Company, etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
See more:Apply now
It was best decision to take the internship in Vietnam. Thanks to the challenge of internship in Vietnam, I became to love challenges much more than I ever did before.
I would definitely recommend this program to my friends/colleagues or anyone that are interest in doing internship abroad in Vietnam.
I would highly recommend this internship with SE Vietnam for my friends or anyone who is interested in doing an IT Internship in Vietnam.
The experience of doing an internship in Vietnam certainly was not easy for me but I have no doubt that it was tremendouly valuable.
It is a lot more than just an internship. I won’t be writing how beautiful this country is, how friendly people are and how good the food is, you will just have to come here and find out by yourself.