Overview: Since its economic reform “Doi Moi” in 1986, Vietnam’s economy has been moving forward and is nowadays known as one of the “ascending dragons” in Asia. The country has attacted increasing investments and establishments of local and international firms; however, the local infrastructure and human resource for financial and legislative sectors have not been really ready for bigger and faster developments yet. A Finance/Banking/Laws Internship in Vietnam would bring international students huge opportunities to learn and experience themsevels not only what the keys behind an emerging market are but also what needs to be changed to foster the development.
- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
- Legal research and writing, case preparation, victim/witness services;
- Perform routine tasks in order to learn to perform professional duties;
- Assist in the development of an education and performance plan;
- Perform professional support tasks as required; Compile data and write reports;
- Follow information and provides analysis;
- Help lead at least one department function or process;
- Document observations, interpret data and organizes reports;
- Conduct research and develop recommendations;
- Research and analyse existing policies, practices and procedures, and prepare recommendations;
- Participate in projects with other departments;
- Performs related tasks as required.
TILLEKE & GIBBINS
Tilleke & Gibbins is a leading regional law firm in Southeast Asia. With 120 lawyers and consultants in Bangkok, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Vientiane, and Yangon, the represent the top investors and the high-growth companies that drive economic expansion in Asia in the key areas of commercial transactions and M&A, dispute resolution and litigation, and intellectual property.
- Study, update and systemize legislative materials which relates to Company’s operating structure and business activities serving the purposes of compiling Institution Enactment and Business Contracts, legal consulting and advising the Board of Directors on business administration
- Check out contract contents and transaction documents before submitting them to the Board of Directors for approval
- Compile internal materials in compliance with specific requests from Legislative Manager
- Manage and maintain documents relating to operating policies issued by the Company
- Organize the department’s archiving profile
PHU THAI GROUP
Established in 1993, Phu Thai Group has grown in size and reputation to become a leading distribution and retail Group in Vietnam. Phu Thai Group currently employs 3,000 staffs in about 30 units, including: Member Companies, Distribution Centers and Logistics Warehouses.
With its professional staff and management structure, Phu Thai Group has realized remarkable growth at impressive average yearly rates of up to 40%. To keep the position of a leading Distribution, Logistics and Retail Group in Vietnam, Phu Thai has applied ERPs, ISO 9001:2000 with the cooperation of high level experts within the country and from overseas.
- Provide significant help and support to senior professionals to review a corporation’s internal controls and procedures
- Analyse and evaluate the accuracy of accounting systems and procedures
- Review, develop and recommend changes in accounting systems and controls of a business
- Check and inspect the accuracy of accounts receivable and payable ledgers
- Study and test software and hardware systems of the company
- Develop and maintain the clients and business partners’ databases
- Create and manage budgets, balance sheets and other related financial statements
- Analyse and recommend changes in internal audit controls
- Ensure compliance with local and national audit policies and regulations
- Identify and evaluate procedures and policies in tax reporting processes
- Prepare audit paperwork in accordance with standards and requirements
- Establish working relationships with company’s staff, business partners and clients
UNISTARS INTERNATIONAL AUDITING CO., LTD
Unistars International Auditing Co.,Ltd is proud of providing tax advisory and assurance services for more than 150 FDI companies including mostly clients from Japan and Korea. Unistars’ concept “Do the Right things in the Right ways” has been verified by Korean and Japanese clients. Unistars firmly believes that its services have been delivered professionally with top-notch quality and high efficiency. Unistars is specialized in providing professional services in terms of Auditing, Accounting, Tax, Internal Control, Finance and Investment for companies, especially FDI companies in Vietnam.
The intern is responsible for either a front office role (e.g. Call Center, Collections) or a back office one (e.g. Cards Operations, Consumer Finance, MIS, IT, Sourcing). These roles provide services to foreign customers by ensuring all necessary actions are conducted in a friendly and timely manner within agreed response times.
Accountabilities depend on each kind of roles:
Front office role
- Provide friendly and timely services to foreign customers
- Call the customers for product promotion/information update/ late repayment
- Answer customers ‘enquiries
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders
Back office role
- Upload customer applications and input data in the system
- Upload contract, vendor information in the system
- Support in solving user request on hardware/software issues.
Vietnam Technological and Commercial Joint- stock Bank – Techcombank was established on September 27th, 1993 with the initial registered capital of VND 20 billion with the aim to become an efficient financial intermediary bridging the savers with the investors in need of capital for business and economic development in the open-door era.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: Tilleke & Gibbins, Stoxplus, Techcombank, Vina Capital, NHQ & Associates, Unistars International Auditing Co.,Ltd, the Big4 Companies, etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
See more:Apply now
I was extremely satisfied with my internship in Vietnam experience in general and the service that was providedby SE Vietnam in particular. The staffs always listened to my worries, and they tried to keep my safety and that really relieves my anxiety being in a foreign country.
The whole experience of doing internship in Vietnam, living and meeting the people in this beautiful country will be a memory I’ll always remember. Overall, I was extremely satisfied with the Internship Service by SE Vietnam (the accommodation, orientation, city tour, visa support, and so on).
My International Relations Internship in Vietnam at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) was excellent. I would recommend this internship to future students looking to gain international experience.
The experience of doing an internship in Vietnam certainly was not easy for me but I have no doubt that it was tremendouly valuable.
I saw the professional and dynamic style after working through a long project with SE Vietnam