Overview: With cultural beauty, modern attraction and stable peace, Vietnam is considered to be a top destination for tourism in South East Asia. This nurtures the opportunities for hospitality & tourism enterprises to flourish with big investment and creative competition. Interning in this industry can be an experience of a lifetime to anyone.
- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
The intern will work mainly on the cruise and assist the cruise manager with the following tasks:
- Be an ambassador of the company
- Take care of the guests
- Make sure excellent service is delivered to customers
- Manage and guide local staff to follow the company’s standards
- Cooperate with other departments such as Sales, HR, Accounting, etc
Paradise Vietnam was established in 2008 with the business in luxury cruises, boutique hotels, restaurants and travel agencies in Vietnam. Their aim is to offer a unique service experience to all of their customers. At the moment, the company is proud of being one of the very few companies which own 5-star cruise ships in Vietnam.
- Work in the kitchen, support chefs and other cooks as requested
- Assist the service team to welcome and serve guests coming to the restaurant
- Support local staff with improving their communicative English
BLOOM RESTAURANT SAIGON
Housed in a beautifully restored French colonial villa down a dimly lit alley, BLOOM Restaurant Saigon serves you healthy authentic Vietnamese delicacies and street foods made with fresh, quality ingredients with a touch of French influence. The chefs here concoct mouthwatering dishes using top quality meats and no additives, such as MSG.
Bloom’s food reflects their commitment to exceptional quality. All meals are prepared under the guidance of Asian Fusion Executive Chef Jacqueline Kieu and French Executive Chef Hung Tu, with a passion for perfection. Both have brought their vision of innovative food presentation and fresh ingredients to BLOOM Catering Service in the USA, as well as BLOOM Saigon in Vietnam, creating a thoroughly modern take on classic Vietnamese flavors.
Bloom’s service offers a charming, comfortable, relaxed atmosphere and balances the elegant fare on the menu, which serves a sumptuous selection of dishes from within a quaint setting in an old colonial villa. They would like to think of themselves as one of the rare hidden gems in Ho Chi Minh City.
- Provide personalized services to regular guests on executive floors to ensure they are well taken care. Cultivate and maintain good relationship with all guests.
- Handle guest requests and concerns promptly and with courtesy, report to GSE or/and CFM/DM.
- Conduct tour for potential guests who wish to view the Hotel facilities. Liaise with CFM or Duty Manager for follow – up.
- Take reservations for hotel accommodation and assist with check-in and check-out at the reception counter, if necessary.
- Proceed executive floor’s guest registration, provide information about the accommodation and amenities, and also check out process.
- At the end of the shift, fully clear the station and do a full and detailed handover with the following shift.
FORTUNA HANOI HOTEL
Conveniently located in strategic business and financial centre of Hanoi, whether it’s for business or pleasure, you are assured of a uniquely Fortuna experience. Like no other, Fortuna offers consistent commitment of Asian hospitality amid a modern Western setting that reflects the culture and tradition of subtleness, delicate service and attention to details.
Fortuna Hotel Hanoi is just 5 minutes walking to Giang Vo International Exhibition Centre and 10 minutes by taxi to National Convention Centre. With superb guestrooms, multi-functional Ballrooms & meeting rooms, preferred choice of dining places, extensive spa & fitness facilities, gaming centre, it is definitely a perfect venue for business & leisure.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: Bloom Saigon Restaurant, KOTO Restaurant (Know One Teach One), Sofitel Plaza Hanoi, Melia Hotel Hanoi, Daewoo Hotel, Pullman Danang Beach Resort, Nikko Hanoi Hotel, Fortuna Hotel, Mai Son Resort, Sakura Hotel – Hanoi, Tonkin Voyage, HG Holdings, etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
See more:Apply now
I get lots of support from my Vietnamese local buddies and become real friends in spite of different interests.
My nursing internship at the Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Hospital is a treasure experience that I will never forget. I appreciate SE Vietnam and highly recommend this internship to anyone who is interested since it’s a great way of meeting new friends, experiencing new culture, food and language
I don’t think there is anything that SE Vietnam could’ve done better. They gave me all the support I need to get through my internship in Vietnam.
I would definitely recommend this program to my friends/colleagues or anyone that are interest in doing internship abroad in Vietnam.
The experience of doing an internship in Vietnam certainly was not easy for me but I have no doubt that it was tremendouly valuable.