Overview: Along with its fast-growing economy, Vietnam has also seen a lot of social problems arising in recent years. To help solve those issues, a number of Non-profit/Not-for-profit organizations and Social Enterprises have been founded from North to South to address different topics from child rights, nutrition, family planning to sustainable development, social justices and post-war issues. Come to Vietnam and make your internship abroad a life-changing experience not only for yourself but also for the place on which you leave your footprints.
- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
- Assist in organizing community art classes for disadvantaged children (orphans, street children, children with dissabilities, etc)
- Assist in researching opportunities for distributing disvantaged children’s art products to different countries overseas
TÒHE is a social enterprise in Vietnam that provides a creative learning playground for disadvantaged children to play and learn in a different academic setting. Selected artworks from art classes have been redesigned and printed on lifestyle products such as: clothes, accessories, home ware, toys, etc, branded under the name TÒHE and distributed both in Vietnam and internationally. Portion of profits are used to fund the creative class & scholarship program for talented children.
In designing their products, TÒHE explores the innocent beauty, free coloring and infinite imagination of the kids’ art. The disadvantaged kids’ art also reflect their optimism and love of life, it proves that difficulties and deprivations cannot hinder the spirit, the soul and the imagination.
TÒHE’s founders would like to encourage more innocent and care-free approaches to life in a world with more sincere, equal and helpful relationships among people. They are trying their best to bring as many TÒHE products to consumers as possible in an effort to spread and nurture the innocence and pure joy of children that many people lack because of the worries and pressures of adult life.
TÒHE is named after a Vietnamese traditional toy made from rice flour and natural colors which, once it has been used as a plaything, can also be eaten. TÒHE project aims to be like a toy in creating opportunities for children to play while generating income to improve their lives.
- Support in documentation (guidelines, forms, child statistics, etc) about Case Management Program
- Support senior officers in case management (field visits, case check & evaluation, etc) and in advocacy activities
GOOD NEIGHBORS INTERNATIONAL
Good Neigbors International is an international humanitarian development NGO in General Consultative Status with the United Nations Economics and Social council (UN ECOSOC). Since its founding in Korea in 1991, this organization has focused on providing child education, community development, health, water and sanitation, and disaster relief programs in 34 countries around the world. In Vietnam, they currently implement projects in 3 provinces; providing direct support to around 10,000 poor children.
- Work in Project Department
- Conduct research on various social & economic themes (agriculture, rural development, economics, financial services, green growth policies and technologies, support program to persons with disabilities, etc…)
- Propose new ideas for project team to develop new community development projects.
MACDI is a science and technology organization which aims to improve the position/living conditions of: 1) Communities threatened by natural disasters; 2) People who do not receive sufficient (medical) care; 3) Poor farmers: helping with improved, sustainable agricultural production and integration in agricultural chains while maintaining food security, extending microcredit loans; 4) People living in urban slums: using a multi-actor approach to create better living conditions, along with concrete initiatives for community regeneration; 5) Capacity building for small and medium enterprises, cooperatives and micro-finance institutions so that they can expand their impact to their members.
MACDI provides practical solutions which address the issues of environment protection, economic growth, climate change response, gender equality, market-oriented and market linkage. MACDI supports organizations, small enterprises and cooperatives in reaching their business success so that they have positive impacts on poor people, helping them to increase income and improve life quality. MACDI is proud to be a partner of the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and Co-operative Alliances of Vietnam (CAV). It has provided technical support to more than 10,000 customers from small enterprises and a member of the Co-operative Alliance of Vietnam. In addition, MACDI implements micro-finance program integrated with programs to support business development, environmental protection, climate change adaptation and gender equality. The program has helped more than 8,500 women from ethnic minority in Hoa Binh, Quang Binh, and Ha Giang, the poorest provinces of Vietnam achieve sustainable livelihood.
The intern is expected to provide comprehensive support for Vietnam Project Unit which includes but not limited to the following tasks:
- Assist project team in researching, preparing documents for trainings and workshops, design training/workshop backdrops, standees, posters, and producing training/workshop video clips, etc.
- Do reception work when required
- Conduct logistics for project activities and travels
- Assist the office’s administrator in general admin work at the office
KENAN INSTITUTE ASIA
Kenan Institute Asia is a knowledge and capacity building organization implementing results-oriented, social and economic development programming on a not-for-profit basis. With their headquarter in Bangkok, they conduct activities in Cambodia, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Thailand and Vietnam, as well as regional activities in Southeast Asia. Their focus areas include business and economic development, education, public health, and corporate social responsibility.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: SNV Netherlands Development Organization Vietnam (SNV Vietnam), Microfinance and Community Development Institute (MACDI), Centre for Sustainable Rural Development Centre for Sustainable Rural Development (SRD), Good Neighbors International in Vietnam (GNI), etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
See more:Apply now
I am satisfied with everything that SE Vietnam arranged for me & would definitely recommend this program to my friends/colleagues that are interested in doing internship abroad.
It was best decision to take the internship in Vietnam. Thanks to the challenge of internship in Vietnam, I became to love challenges much more than I ever did before.
Being in Vietnam has taught me so much about different people and cultures, and my internship with SE Vietnam was a real life changing experience.
I was very nervous because it was my first time in Vietnam, but Student Exchange Vietnam (SEV) made me feel that I made a right decision to come for an internship here. They will not let you feel away from your home as they will treat you not just like a student intern but as a part of the SEV family.
I saw the professional and dynamic style after working through a long project with SE Vietnam