Local Buddies Recruitment for International Students 
Love having new experience?
Want to confidently converse and connect with international friends?
Want to improve your foreign language skills, especially in English and more?
Join us for a meaningful experience as a Local Buddy in Ho Chi Minh City now!
Local buddies are volunteers who will assist international students/interns to learn about and integrate into the environment in Vietnam.
- Quantity: 15 – 17 people. Each local buddy will be in charge of supporting one to two international student(s).
- Time: Dec 2018 (1-2 volunteers), 10+ for Jan 2019
- Working place: Ho Chi Minh
Who will you work with?
Student Exchange Vietnam (SE Vietnam) is an educational organization established to promote exchange between Vietnamese and international students such as from UK, Australia, USA and Japan. International Internship is one of the focus of our programs. Ever since our establishment, the program has been supporting enterprises and organizations in Vietnam to access and effectively use young resources from different countries, contributing to improving the quality of human resources in Vietnam as well as meeting the increasing requirements of global integration. Moreover, we provide an environment of cultural and language exchange as well as skills and personal development, bringing significant international experiences for Vietnamese students.
What will you do?
- Be the very first friends of foreign students in Vietnam
- Support international students from international universities from New Zealand and Australia to explore and integrate into their new living environment in Vietnam
- Participate in organizing and coordinating cultural and exchange programs for foreign students/interns
- Update the working and living situation of foreign interns to Program Coordinator of Abroader
- Participate in meetings and discussions to improve the quality of the program
What are your benefits?
- Be trained on skills of how to work with international students
- Be provided with environment to practice using English
- Be involved in cultural exchange activities and excursions with international students/interns
- Have the chance to participate in the student exchange network where many information on scholarship programs and international exchanges opportunities for Vietnamese students are shared..
- Certificate of attendance issued by Student Exchange Vietnam
What requirements do you need?
- Currently living in Ho Chi Minh City, have a thorough understanding of the city, its culture and history.
- Good English skills
- High sense of responsibility, enthusiasm, passion and honesty
- Have insight and knowledge about Vietnamese tradition, culture and history
- Have a passion for exploring new cultures
- Can participate in activities organized mostly at weekends
- Committed to participate in required activities during the program
- Please fill out the application form online here
- Registration period: before 11:59 PM, November 17th 2018
- Applicants who are eligible will be contacted by email and/or telephone for interview
- [OCT, HCM] ABROADER NEED YOU! PROGRAM COORDINATOR
- Guidelines for Living and Doing Internship in Vietnam (P.1)
- How to Apply for an Internship in Vietnam
- American Abroad Conference 2018 – Campus Internationalization
- Here Are 7 Hoi An Signature Dishes You Should not Miss Out On – Pt.1