Student Exchange Vietnam Homestay Network
A Homestay Host in Student Exchange Vietnam Program is defined as a person who will assist international students in Vietnam in terms of sharing an accommodation with them, preferably in their own family. We study the Homestay Hosts’ profiles and conduct an interview with them before inviting them in our program. All Homestay hosts will be provided with guidelines and orientation before receiving the international students.
Student Exchange Vietnam Homestay Host Criteria
- The home must be clean and have appropriate furnishings suitable for international students such as bed, kitchen, bathroom, laundry area adequate lighting and wifi access
- The host has the willingness to assist international students as a new member of the family, the open-mindedness for learning from differences and diversity. Previously related experience is appreciated but NOT required
- At least one member in the host family must speak English or the native language of the international student they takes care
- House rules are to be discussed and explained clearly in advance to the student by the host (including but not limited to friends visiting, use of phone and incoming calls, cleaning of room or other household tasks, meal times and rules for behavior such as going out and times for arriving home, manners and courtesy)
Do our hosts enjoy the experience?
Sure! Since they…
– Enjoy the international community with their families without going abroad
– Explore a new culture
– Proudly become ambassadors who introduce Vietnamese specialties to foreigners (with the training and guideline provided by Student Exchange Vietnam)
– Naturally inspire their children to gain more confidence and ambition to go and grow abroad
* Fees of accommodation and meals will be discussed and contributed to the host family before the program starts.