Photo: Sebatian Jonshoej
The program takes place at a top-ranked accredited university in Vietnam with a wide range of courses taught in English for you to choose from. You will find coursework applicable to your major and satisfying to your intellect. Courses are available on bachelor and master levels and are in various fields of study, including: Business & Economics, Engineering, Environment, Vietnamese Studies, Language Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, Hospitality Management, etc
Once you complete your semester, you will receive an official transcript and certificate of completion from your host university.
- Be a undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university
- GPA requirement: If your (current) cumulative GPA is lower than 2.0, please contact our Program Coordinator so that we can know more about your situation and find the right courses for you.
- Language requirement: Valid IELTS or TOELF scores in the time of application are often required for students from non-English speaking countries. Please contact our Program Coordinator to see what specific language requirement you are expected to meet to join a course.
- Work experience: This is not always required but usually preferred for master courses applicants
What To Expect
Course load: 3-6 classes (12-18 credits)
Duration: 15 – 20 weeks (up to the host university’s schedule)
Start date: For most universities in Vietnam, especially those in public sector, the school year is divided into two semesters which usually start in mid-August (Fall semester) and mid-January (Spring semester). A few other universities have the third semester running in the summer. For Master courses, start dates can be more flexible but not too far from the start of the two main semesters.
Application deadline: mid-March for Fall semester and end-October for Spring semester
Location: The program is often based in Hanoi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh City which have gained international renown as the most populated, independent, dynamic and exotic cities of Vietnam. You will be amazed with the wealth of cultural landmarks, attractions and quality entertainment venues when studying abroad in any of those three cities.
Student life: Because you will take all of your classes with Vietnamese students, it is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture. There will also be a variety of entertainment events and activities arranged for and by students both inside and outside campus for you to participate in and make friends with new people.
SE Vietnam support: As our student, you will be supported in every step of the way with not just arrival in Vietnam, but also with academic advising, cultural integration and 24/7 on-site help. Your semester in Vietnam will officially begin with an intensive on-site orientation to give you a closer look into the Vietnamese life as well as into your host university. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in our different field trips and excursions during the semester to experience the beauty of Vietnam to the fullest and to make friends with our other students.
Tentative Host Universities in Vietnam
Program fee: $ 6.600 USD/student/semester, that includes:
- Full-time tuition and application fee
- Visa application support
- Accommodation (homestay/private or shared apartment)
- Airport transfer (pick-up & see-off)
- Pre-departure and on-site orientations
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- 24/7 on-site coordinator and local volunteer support
- Vietnamese sim card & Monthly bus pass (if needed)
- City tour and excursions to Vietnam’s top travel destinations
- Special activities: Vietnamese Cooking Day, Community Day at Local Orphanage/Community Center, Sports Contest with local students
How To Apply
The application process is very easy; what you need to do to get started is fill out this online application form. All is DONE? Great! Our Program Coordinator will contact you shortly for further instructions on how to get you in our program.
In the meantime, you can also refer to this “How it works” section for detailed information on our general working procedure for all programs in Vietnam.
I was extremely satisfied with the overall service SE Vietnam provided before and during my 3 months Hospitality internship at Pan Pacific Hanoi. Their assistance was helpful, especially to get Visa, mobile phone, city tour, trip to Ha Long Bay.
I am satisfied with everything that SE Vietnam arranged for me & would definitely recommend this program to my friends/colleagues that are interested in doing internship abroad.
My nursing internship at the Orthopedic & Rehabilitation Hospital is a treasure experience that I will never forget. I appreciate SE Vietnam and highly recommend this internship to anyone who is interested since it’s a great way of meeting new friends, experiencing new culture, food and language
In general, I am satisfied with the internship in Vietnam provided by SE Vietnam before I came to Vietnam. My host family placement exceeded my expectations.
I felt very satisfied with the service SE Vietnam provided for my Nursing Internship at Ho Chi Minh Hopspital of Orthopedics and Rehabilitation. I was clear about the rules and expectations required of me during my placement.