Photo: Sebatian Jonshoej
The program takes place at a top-ranked accredited university in Vietnam with a wide range of courses taught in English for you to choose from. You will find coursework applicable to your major and satisfying to your intellect. Courses are available on bachelor and master levels and are in various fields of study, including: Business & Economics, Engineering, Environment, Vietnamese Studies, Language Education, Social Sciences and Humanities, Hospitality Management, etc
Once you complete your semester, you will receive an official transcript and certificate of completion from your host university.
- Be a undergraduate or graduate student at an accredited university
- GPA requirement: If your (current) cumulative GPA is lower than 2.0, please contact our Program Coordinator so that we can know more about your situation and find the right courses for you.
- Language requirement: Valid IELTS or TOELF scores in the time of application are often required for students from non-English speaking countries. Please contact our Program Coordinator to see what specific language requirement you are expected to meet to join a course.
- Work experience: This is not always required but usually preferred for master courses applicants
What To Expect
Course load: 3-6 classes (12-18 credits)
Duration: 15 – 20 weeks (up to the host university’s schedule)
Start date: For most universities in Vietnam, especially those in public sector, the school year is divided into two semesters which usually start in mid-August (Fall semester) and mid-January (Spring semester). A few other universities have the third semester running in the summer. For Master courses, start dates can be more flexible but not too far from the start of the two main semesters.
Application deadline: mid-March for Fall semester and end-October for Spring semester
Location: The program is often based in Hanoi, Da Nang or Ho Chi Minh City which have gained international renown as the most populated, independent, dynamic and exotic cities of Vietnam. You will be amazed with the wealth of cultural landmarks, attractions and quality entertainment venues when studying abroad in any of those three cities.
Student life: Because you will take all of your classes with Vietnamese students, it is an amazing opportunity to immerse yourself in Vietnamese culture. There will also be a variety of entertainment events and activities arranged for and by students both inside and outside campus for you to participate in and make friends with new people.
SE Vietnam support: As our student, you will be supported in every step of the way with not just arrival in Vietnam, but also with academic advising, cultural integration and 24/7 on-site help. Your semester in Vietnam will officially begin with an intensive on-site orientation to give you a closer look into the Vietnamese life as well as into your host university. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to participate in our different field trips and excursions during the semester to experience the beauty of Vietnam to the fullest and to make friends with our other students.
Tentative Host Universities in Vietnam
Program fee: $ 6.600 USD/student/semester, that includes:
- Full-time tuition and application fee
- Visa application support
- Accommodation (homestay/private or shared apartment)
- Airport transfer (pick-up & see-off)
- Pre-departure and on-site orientations
- Welcome and farewell dinners
- 24/7 on-site coordinator and local volunteer support
- Vietnamese sim card & Monthly bus pass (if needed)
- City tour and excursions to Vietnam’s top travel destinations
- Special activities: Vietnamese Cooking Day, Community Day at Local Orphanage/Community Center, Sports Contest with local students
How To Apply
The application process is very easy; what you need to do to get started is fill out this online application form. All is DONE? Great! Our Program Coordinator will contact you shortly for further instructions on how to get you in our program.
In the meantime, you can also refer to this “How it works” section for detailed information on our general working procedure for all programs in Vietnam.
Being in Vietnam has taught me so much about different people and cultures, and my internship with SE Vietnam was a real life changing experience.
My International Relations Internship in Vietnam at the University of Economics Ho Chi Minh City (UEH) was excellent. I would recommend this internship to future students looking to gain international experience.
Take every opportunity that arises – teaching language after work, meals with companies, travel as much as possible…these really made the experience much better.
I can describe my internship in Vietnam in two words: diverse and interesting. Big thanks to SE Vietnam all their helps and supports, I really appreciated!
The experience of doing an internship in Vietnam certainly was not easy for me but I have no doubt that it was tremendouly valuable.
Would I recommend the internship to anyone interested in Climate Change in a developing country? Definitely!