Medical & Healthcare Internship
Overview: Challenge yourself with a medical & healthcare internship in Vietnam and gain different hands-on skills via observing and dealing with various kinds of diseases which are rarely seen back home. As a medical intern, you will gain a lot of deeper insights into how a developing healthcare system operates and will be able to support local communities. Additionally, the experience in Vietnam would also shed light on the underrated positive effects of traditional medical methods such as acupuncture and herbal medicine.
International students will usually get some or all of the following benefits provided by their host organizations while doing an internship in Vietnam:
It should be noted that the benefits a student can be provided with often vary by placement and depend mostly on their host organization.
Internship Titles: Pre-medicine Internship, Pre-nursing/Nursing Internship, Pre-midwifery Internship, Pre-physician Assistant Internship, Pediatrics Internship, Healthcare Administration Internship, Public Health Internship, Acupuncture Internship, Critical Care Internship, Physical Therapy Internship, Speech Therapy Internship, etc.
- Be enrolled in university, graduated or have relevant work experience in the field of interest
- Languages: English (required by most host organizations)
- Proficient computer skills: MS Office, Email, Internet Usage, etc
- Soft skills & interpersonal skills (communication, teamwork, presentation, decision-making, time management, etc)
- Passion for work & ability to work under pressure
- Other specialized knowledge, professional skills & qualities to perform the job (vary by placement and depend on the specific host organization)
HOT INTERNSHIP JOBS
- Main tasks:
- The program includes the Essentials of Critical Care Orientation via computer based training, skill labs, EKG training, critical care/trauma case studies, and numerous clinical and critical thinking experiences.
- The intern will have the opportunity to strengthen his/her clinical skills, sharpen his/her nursing judgment, and organize care for several diverse patients. There will be opportunities to be a part of current nursing research as well
VINMEC INTERNATIONAL HOSPITAL
Located at 458 Minh Khai Street – Hai Ba Trung District – Ha Noi, covering a total area of 24,670 sqm with numerous specialized departments, auxiliary centres and a high-tech park, etc., VINMEC emerges as the first international general hospital in Vietnam modelled on the international-standard Hospital Facilities (Hospital – Hotel).
- Main tasks: The physical therapy intern gets the chance to work in the offices of physical therapists and sports therapists, learning about how a practice is run and gaining hands-on experience with helping patients. An international internship in physical therapy may include shadowing professional therapists, assisting with strength and conditioning programs, assisting patients with therapy machines, and designing and evaluating therapy programs. Some administrative support work may also be part of the physical therapy interns’ responsibilities. Specific daily responsibilities may vary based on the requirements of the host hospital or clinic, as well as on the location or time frame of the internship.Host Organization
HOSPITAL OF HANOI MEDICAL UNIVERSITY
Hospital of Hanoi Medical University is a general hospital which was established in 2007 and available for 250 residents. Thanks to the approval of Vietnam Ministry of Health and the cooperation between Vietnamese and French governments, the hospital has been upgraded into an international standard one with larger scale of 500 residents.
- Main tasks:Through this internship, the intern will get a preliminary on-the-job-training of Vietnamese traditional medicine and acupuncture, master some basic knowledge and methods of traditional acupuncture, and perform some clinical practice based on what has been learned. The intern will also learn about how to carry out primary treatment or alleviate symptoms of some cases, as well as to maintain health, under the precondition of ensuring the patient’s safety, and finally help lay a good foundation for further study.Host Organization
NATIONAL HOSPITAL OF ACUPUNCTURE
The National Hospital of Acupuncture is able to perform 60 types of Eastern surgery by acupuncture analgesic and use as little an aesthetic as possible, which is believed to be toxic for the human body. Receiving the hospital intensive treatment, patients can quickly recover without suffering any side effects. The Hospital is currently regarded as a highly reputable medical center both domestically and overseas, the Hospital will become a member World Health Organization (WHO).
- Main tasks:Challenge yourself with a nursing internship in Vietnam and get the chance to look after different groups of patients (pediatrics, orthopedics, emergency medicine, etc). In general, the intern will be asked to perform the following tasks:
- Assess patients’ health problems and needs
- Formulate nursing diagnosis, develop and implement nursing plans
- Evaluate the outcome of nursing care and, if necessary, adapt the plan and more
FV Hospital is an international standard general hospital located in the centre of Ho Chi Minh City, offering a wide range of medical and surgical services, all under one roof.
FV Hospital is 100% foreign-owned and is financed by a group of French, Swiss and Belgian doctors – all very experienced healthcare professionals – supported by leading international development banks. FV Hospital has been built and is managed following stringent guidelines that applied during the conceptual phase, the building construction phase and, now, during our day-to-day operations.
*Note: Internship placements and job descriptions can always be CUSTOMIZED to best meet students’ personal and professional goals
Featured Host Organizations: National Hospital of Pediatrics, National Hospital of Acupuncture, Hanoi Nursing and Rehabilitation Hospital, Ho Chi Minh City Orthopedics and Rehabilitation Hospital, Tu Du Hospital, VINMEC Hospital, Family Medical Practice, etc.
Want to get an internship in this field? Learn more about the steps needed for applying and send us your application whenever you are ready!
Share if you like it